Help Us Remember

If you’d like to contribute, please email us at celebratingsagan@gmail.com with your thoughts, memories, pics, links, excerpts, etc. Or just request it and you'll be added as a contributor. Thanks.

12.19.2006

Carl Sagan

I remember so clearly watching all of the Cosmo programs hosted by Carl Sagan. I looked forward to them with such enthusiasm that my family began teasing me about it, calling him my "boyfriend". I didn't care - he was magnetic, charming, persuasive, literate, imaginative, charismatic, even poetic. And he was a scientist? As an artist type myself I never cared much for the sciences but his approach was so appealing - not dry and boring, that I found myself transfixed by his lectures, because that's really what they were.

It was a great loss when Dr. Sagan passed away. His voice of reason and clarity, and his thoughtfulness are very much needed today.

Frances Barrineau
Ashburn, Virginia