Help Us Remember

If you’d like to contribute, please email us at celebratingsagan@gmail.com with your thoughts, memories, pics, links, excerpts, etc. Or just request it and you'll be added as a contributor. Thanks.

12.20.2006

More than an Inspiration

In an offhand remark to my husband, I said, of course a googol is a 1 followed by 100 zeroes. He was impressed, because how in the world would I know such a thing? As I recall, I learned that as a ten year old, watching Carl unroll a long tape about an empty village...

I rediscovered Carl's work as an adult, as I examined and ultimately discarded my religious beliefs. He gave the world the permission it needed to understand that even if there aren't any gods and heavens, it doesn't matter, because what is here already is so incredible.

- the freethoughtmom