Help Us Remember

If you’d like to contribute, please email us at celebratingsagan@gmail.com with your thoughts, memories, pics, links, excerpts, etc. Or just request it and you'll be added as a contributor. Thanks.

12.20.2006

Sagan through Father.

Mary came to know Carl Sagan through her father. Her blog-a-thon post includes this paragraph:
There is no way for me to think about Carl Sagan without thinking of my father. My dad, he of the constant impersonations, loved to impersonate Carl Sagan. Particularly the way he used to say "billions and billions" and "star stuff". As kids, we found this very amusing and so we bought my dad the book, Cosmos. I remember spending a summer vacation entranced with the book. Both of these men sparked in me a love and respect for science and impressed on me of the importance of independent and critical thinking.
Please check out the rest of her post at Mostly Dogs.